The Executive Secretary of the Lands Commission is responsible for implementation of decisions of the Commission subject to general directives from the National Lands Commission. The Executive Secretary works with an Executive Management Team that currently comprises of:
- Deputy Executive Secretary (Operations);
- Deputy Executive Secretary (Corporate Services);
- Four Divisional Directors;
- Solicitor Secretary and Head of Legal Department;
- Head, Finance Department;
- Head, Internal Audit;
- Head, Human Resource Management; and
- Head, Policy Planning, Research and Special Projects.
The Executive Management Team has since of 2015 finalized the development of a number of documents and policies that have received approval of the National Lands Commission (NLC). Similarly, a number of policies are under consideration for finalization and approval by the NLC.
Operational Documents and Policies
- Lands Commission Organogram
- Conditions of Service
- Strategic Business Plan
- Human Resource Development Plan
- Training Policy
Policies Currently under Consideration
- Health and Safety Policy
- Transport Policy
- Finance and Accounting Policy
- Staff Exit Strategy
- Provident Fund
- Standard Operational Procedure
The Executive Secretary of the Lands Commission has representatives in all the ten regions of Ghana as Regional Lands Officers. Like, the Executive Secretary, the Regional Lands Officers are responsible for the day-to-day administration of the Commission in the Regions and reports to the respective Regional Lands Commission through the Regional Chairman. The Regional Lands Officers are also responsible for implementation of the decisions of the Regional Commission subject to general directives from the National Lands Commission.