DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (OPS)
Surv. Amos Wuntah Wuni joined the erstwhile Lands Commission Secretariat for his two-year National Service after obtaining a Bachelor of Science (BSc) Honours Degree in Land Economy from the University of Science and Technology (now KNUST) in 1985. He also holds the following Degrees/Certificates –
- Master of Science (MSc) Degree in Environmental Systems Analysis and Monitoring from the International Institute for Aerospace Survey and Earth Sciences [ITC] — (now Faculty of Geo-information Science and Earth Observation, University of Twente, The Netherlands);
- Master of Laws (LL.M) Degree in Environmental Law from the George Washington University Law School (GW-Law), Washington DC, USA;
- Barrister-at-Law (BL), Ghana School of Law/General Legal Council, Accra, GHANA;
- Post Graduate Certificate in Public Administration (PGCPA), from the Ghana Institute of Management and Public Administration (GIMPA), Accra, GHANA;
- Certificate in Legislative Drafting, from the International Law Institute (ILI), Washington D.C., USA;
- Certificate in International Arbitration and Mediation, from the International Law Institute (ILI), Washington D.C., USA;
- Certificate in Gender and Organisational Change, from the International Training Centre, International Labour Organisation (ITC/ILO), Turin, ITALY;
- Certificate in Data Management in the Multi-User Geodatabase, from the Environmental Systems Research Institute (ESRI), Redlands, California, USA;
- Certificate in Data Management and Analysis, from the Institute of Social, Statistical & Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana, Accra, GHANA and
- Certificate in Research Methodology and Report Writing, from the Institute of Social, Statistical & Economic Research (ISSER), University of Ghana, Accra, GHANA.
With over thirty (30) years working experience in the Lands Commission, Mr. Wuni has served in various capacities as: Deputy Western Regional Lands Secretary (1985 to 1994); Northern Regional Lands Officer (1994 to 1997); Central Regional Lands Officer (1998 to 2003); Head of Research (2003 to 2007); Chief Lands Officer & Registrar of Lands (2008 to 2009).
In 2009, His Excellency the President of the Republic of Ghana appointed him DEPUTY EXECUTIVE SECRETARY (OPERATIONS) when four (4) Land Sector Agencies were integrated into the current Lands Commission (under the Lands Commission Act, 2008 [Act 767]). Concurrently, he took on additional responsibility as Acting DIRECTOR, Public and Vested Lands Management Division (PVLMD) from 2009 to 2010 before the first substantive Divisional Director was appointed.
Mr Wuni has been a part-time Lecturer [LL.B (Land Law)] at the Zenith University College (2011 to 2013); the Wisconsin International University College (2016 to date) [LL.B (Environmental Law) and (Land Law)] and a Principal Lecturer at various Lands Commission training programs since 2003.
A known advocate of good corporate land governance, Mr. Wuni inspires confidence and discipline and has championed many reforms in the Lands Commission since 1985. He strongly believes that the Lands Commission can become a centre of excellence in land services delivery.
Mr. Wuni is a Fellow of the Ghana Institution of Surveyors (FGhIS) as well as a Barrister and Solicitor of the Supreme Court of Ghana. He is happily married to Mrs. Juliana Naa Afarley Sackeyfio-Wuni, B.A (Hons) University of Ghana, PGDE (UCC) and they are blessed with four (4) adult children.